As regular readers know, I am a big fan of former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty. Some Republicans around the country have the misapprehension that he isn’t conservative enough, but that is only because they haven’t followed his record. Pawlenty has a nice-guy persona, which is appropriate since he is, in fact, a nice guy. But of late he has been sharpening his message. We saw that at CPAC.
Today the Minneapolis Star Tribune took note, headlining, “Pawlenty’s attacks get more pointed.” They called me for an opinion, and I told them, as quoted on the second page of the article, the same thing I’ve written here: Pawlenty’s positions haven’t changed, but his messaging has gotten sharper and more aggressive. And that is a good thing, especially since my other favorite candidate, John Thune, has decided not to make the run in 2012.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell