I dunno. It’s been a long time, but I dimly remember something about liberals proclaiming an era of “new civility.” They were going to be super-sensitive to any rhetoric that might, via a couple of degrees of separation, be related to violence. You know: military metaphors, that kind of thing. No more talking about “attacks,” or “campaigns,” or “crosshairs” or “battlegrounds.” No. From now on, it will only be conciliatory language, like “I’ll f*** you in the ass, you faggot!” As on this video, at around 7:30.
So that’s what the Democratic Party meant by “civility”! If they had made that clear in the beginning, it would have saved a lot of trouble.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Hillary, "to be honest"
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- More Comedy from the Times
- The social science behind Ted Cruz's notice of "voter violation"
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell