I dunno. It’s been a long time, but I dimly remember something about liberals proclaiming an era of “new civility.” They were going to be super-sensitive to any rhetoric that might, via a couple of degrees of separation, be related to violence. You know: military metaphors, that kind of thing. No more talking about “attacks,” or “campaigns,” or “crosshairs” or “battlegrounds.” No. From now on, it will only be conciliatory language, like “I’ll f*** you in the ass, you faggot!” As on this video, at around 7:30.
So that’s what the Democratic Party meant by “civility”! If they had made that clear in the beginning, it would have saved a lot of trouble.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell