Michael Barone first diagnosed the Obama administration’s practice of Gangster Government in a May 2009 column on the Chrysler bankruptcy. “We have just seen an episode of Gangster Government,” Barone wrote. He added: “It is likely to be part of a continuing series.”
He certainly had that right. He has updated his original column a few times, once to note the series’ long-running nature and once to note the contribution of Kathleen Sebelius. John’s post “Speculation” highlights another installment, this one featuring Eric Holder and the Department of Justice. Gangster Government really should be a full time beat for a team of competent reporters.
The New York Post headline on attorney Stephen Meister’s New York Post column — “Geithner’s goof undermines dollar” — does not do justice to it. What the headline characterizes as a goof is in fact another closely observed episode of Gangster Government.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
- What is to be done?
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell