Guess who will be elected the latest member of the United Nations’ Human Rights Council on May 20? That’s right: Syria.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has no comment on Syria’s fitness for the Council, other than to say that its selection is “for other member states to decide.” Anne Bayefsky comments: “[T]he question for the Obama administration is not how do we keep Syria out, but why is the United States in [the Human Rights Council]?”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell