Further to John’s post below about how Think Panic, I mean, Think Progress, immediately defaulted to global warming as the certain explanation of the recent tornado outbreak, it is worth noting Roger Piekle Jrs’ blog post about this issue, “Weather Is Not Climate Unless People Die.”
I’ve mentioned Roger here on Power Line before for his unique role as an honest scientist; he believes in the global warming hypothesis, thinks we should do something about it, but hates it when scientists and activists make extravagant claims with no science or data to back them up. After this short post there’s not much left of Think Panic’s alarums. Roger offers data, especially this chart showing the declining number of fatalities from tornados over the last several decades:
P.S. Hat tip to my AEI partner Ken Green for coming up with the “Think Panic” moniker. His takedown is pretty good, too, as it offers a “Ghostbusters” reference.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell