Comedian Robert Klein captures something of the pride and insecurity of the Jewish people with a bit that seems to erupt from his subconscious. In his most recent HBO special he advises the audience: “Bernie Madoff — not Jewish. I hear he’s really Episcopalian. Jack Abramoff, not Jewish. Sully Sullenberger is Jewish. I know his family, from Boston. They’re herring merchants.”
I thought of Klein’s list yesterday. Now he can update it with the addition of IMF Managing Director and accused rapist Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Dominique Strauss-Kahn — not Jewish. Hey, his name is Dominique.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell