I am headed to New York for the holiday weekend and wanted to leave some good reading behind. Please check out the Wall Street Journal column “Stephen Colbert’s free speech problem,” by Steve Simpson and Paul Sherman. Setting out to lampoon the Supreme Court for its Citizens United decision, Stephen Colbert may have discovered that the joke was on him — assuming he is capable of learning from his own experience.
In the category of discovering what is in the Obamacare bill that Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats have jammed down our throats, don’t miss Kevin Williamson’s NRO column “Obama’s insurance price controls.” Line to remember: “Ask Comrade Kathy.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell