I am headed to New York for the holiday weekend and wanted to leave some good reading behind. Please check out the Wall Street Journal column “Stephen Colbert’s free speech problem,” by Steve Simpson and Paul Sherman. Setting out to lampoon the Supreme Court for its Citizens United decision, Stephen Colbert may have discovered that the joke was on him — assuming he is capable of learning from his own experience.
In the category of discovering what is in the Obamacare bill that Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats have jammed down our throats, don’t miss Kevin Williamson’s NRO column “Obama’s insurance price controls.” Line to remember: “Ask Comrade Kathy.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cancel The Interview Edition
- Long story short, Iowahawk edition
- As Anti-Police Demonstration Rages at Mall of America, Two Cops Are Murdered in Brooklyn [Updated]
- Edward Jay Epstein: Journalism and truth
- What's in a political name?
- Eric Holder invents rights for the transgendered
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell