The rebellion in Syria goes on, without much press coverage since reporters have been banned from the country. Still, YouTube remains a means of communication.
On April 29, 13-year-old Hamza Ali al-Khateeb was picked up by Syria’s security forces in Jiza. His family waited for word of his fate for a month; finally, his body was returned. Hamza had been horrifically tortured, to the extent that it was impossible to say which of his wounds finally killed him. The authorities told his family to say nothing about what had happened.
Instead, they filmed a video that showed Hamza’s broken body and posted it on YouTube. In retaliation, Hamza’s father was arrested last week. His whereabouts are unknown, but it seems safe to say his prospects are not good.
Will the self-inflicted torment of the Arab world ever end? And has the State Department finally changed its mind about Assad being a “reformer”?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell