The other day I unloaded here on John Edwards, calling him “one of the most repulsive human beings who ever foisted himself on our political life.” A few folks thought I was being perhaps a bit strong with that characterization, though not necessarily wrong. But who knew that Anthony Weiner was standing just offstage ready to challenge for the crown. John points below to Weiner’s savage attack of Jonathan Karl of ABC News. This video alone not only ought to disqualify Weiner from politics for ever, but it also, in my mind, would justify Karl smacking Weiner in the nose.
Every now and then I summon up Will Rogers’s famous comment that he “never met a man I didn’t like,” and then imagine him meeting someone like Weiner.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell