Historically, we (I, actually) have covered two beauty pageants each year–Miss World and Miss Universe. They are the two biggest pageants in the world, and their international flavor makes them especially interesting. It has been a while, however, since we have followed the world of pageantry. The Miss Universe pageant was in August, and we covered it here and elsewhere. Miss World, however, was in the fall, when I was fully occupied trying a case in another state, so we missed it altogether.
It will be a while before the big international pageants roll around again, so in the meantime it wouldn’t hurt to take note of the Miss USA contest, which concludes a week from Sunday in Las Vegas. The betting favorites, at the moment, are Miss California, Miss South Carolina and Miss Indiana. Here are the three top contenders, in that order; click to enlarge:
A quick look suggests that there are many other strong candidates for the title. This photo of some of the contestants is courtesy of the Miss USA organization. Hey, there are some perks that go with having a web site!
More to come.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Hillary, "to be honest"
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- More Comedy from the Times
- The social science behind Ted Cruz's notice of "voter violation"
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell