In the current installment of Uncommon Knowledge Peter Robinson interviews Wall Street Journal deputy editor Gerard Baker and Weekly Standard senior editor Andrew Ferguson. Baker has pursued a distinguished career as a journalist at the BBC, the Financial Times and the Times of London before undertaking his current responsibilities at the Journal. In addition to his work for the Standard, Andy also writes the Press Man column for Commentary, covering the beat that is the subject under discussion in the interview. Among other things, Baker and Ferguson tackle the question of why journalists are so overwhelmingly liberal. Through our arrangement with the Hoover Institution, we are pleased to present this installment in its entirety.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell