In the current installment of Uncommon Knowledge Peter Robinson interviews Wall Street Journal deputy editor Gerard Baker and Weekly Standard senior editor Andrew Ferguson. Baker has pursued a distinguished career as a journalist at the BBC, the Financial Times and the Times of London before undertaking his current responsibilities at the Journal. In addition to his work for the Standard, Andy also writes the Press Man column for Commentary, covering the beat that is the subject under discussion in the interview. Among other things, Baker and Ferguson tackle the question of why journalists are so overwhelmingly liberal. Through our arrangement with the Hoover Institution, we are pleased to present this installment in its entirety.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell