This is a very hard-hitting cartoon, by Michael Ramirez. Some will think it over the top, or extreme. Is being born an American in the 21st century really equivalent to being a slave? One recoils from the thought. Yet a child born today is the inheritor of a national debt that stands at $15 trillion, and counting. If Barack Obama gets his way, the debt will explode over the next decade. Our children and grandchildren will spend years of their lives, assuming that they are taxpayers, working off the principal and interest of the debts we have run up. Perhaps indentured servitude is a more accurate characterization than slavery. Still, the image is a powerful one:
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Coming Soon to a Utility Bill Near You?
- Will the Last Employee of the NY Times Please Turn Out the Lights?
- Did Ted Cruz just pave the way for confirming a wave of Obama nominees?
- Dick Cheney For President
- Conservative Muslim's opinions produce "existential worry" at University of Michigan
- Ms. Glick dissents
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell