Not singlehanded, to be sure; but in this video–in effect, a trailer–Ryan announces that House Republicans intend to do no less than save the United States from fiscal collapse. The House’s budget is coming soon, and it will be greeted with howls of politically-inspired execration by the Democrats, who wouldn’t dream of passing a budget–any budget. They haven’t passed one for three years, and don’t intend to start now. They seek nothing but the most craven, short-term political advantage. So the battle lines are clearly drawn:
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Koch to Democratic Senators: Get Lost!
- The Climate Beclowning Continues
- Did the Obama Administration Lie to the Federal Court About Implementation of Executive Amnesty?
- 13 questions for Hillary Clinton [Plus one more]
- Someone misled us on AQ's demise
- Will Obama's deal with Iran bind our next president?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell