Yesterday marked three years since the Democrat-controlled Senate last passed a budget. In violation of federal law, Harry Reid and his confederates have simply refused, for three years, to put their plans for federal spending on paper. In the last three years, the federal government has spent $10.4 trillion and the national debt has increased by $4.5 trillion. The sheer irresponsibility of Washington Democrats is breathtaking. It is hard to say which is worse–the Senate scofflaws refusing to propose any budget at all, or President Obama’s offering consecutive budgets so extreme that neither could garner a single vote in Congress, losing by a combined 511-0. Granted that we have a lot of low-information voters, is it conceivable that Americans will return such a derelict party to power?
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell