Yesterday marked three years since the Democrat-controlled Senate last passed a budget. In violation of federal law, Harry Reid and his confederates have simply refused, for three years, to put their plans for federal spending on paper. In the last three years, the federal government has spent $10.4 trillion and the national debt has increased by $4.5 trillion. The sheer irresponsibility of Washington Democrats is breathtaking. It is hard to say which is worse–the Senate scofflaws refusing to propose any budget at all, or President Obama’s offering consecutive budgets so extreme that neither could garner a single vote in Congress, losing by a combined 511-0. Granted that we have a lot of low-information voters, is it conceivable that Americans will return such a derelict party to power?
Most Read on Power Line
- A Window Opens Onto the Left-Wing Conspiracy
- Are A Few Journalists Starting to Figure It Out?
- Dan Rather Plots Comeback, With Assist From Robert Redford
- World Cup preview -- Argentina vs. Holland [UPDATED -- Argentina wins]
- Why Jimmy Carter Is Smiling Right Now
- The Week in Pictures: Run for the Border Edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell