The nonfarm economy added an anemic 163,000 payroll jobs in July–up slightly from an even worse 64,000 in June–but the unemployment rate ticked up to 8.3%. Unemployment (forget about underemployment and the “real” unemployment rate, which is far worse) is now .7% higher than it was when Barack Obama took office. Nearly four years into Barack Obama’s term, unemployment is rising instead of falling. So the latest numbers are one more nail in the coffin of the Obama administration.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell