The nonfarm economy added an anemic 163,000 payroll jobs in July–up slightly from an even worse 64,000 in June–but the unemployment rate ticked up to 8.3%. Unemployment (forget about underemployment and the “real” unemployment rate, which is far worse) is now .7% higher than it was when Barack Obama took office. Nearly four years into Barack Obama’s term, unemployment is rising instead of falling. So the latest numbers are one more nail in the coffin of the Obama administration.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell