The nonfarm economy added an anemic 163,000 payroll jobs in July–up slightly from an even worse 64,000 in June–but the unemployment rate ticked up to 8.3%. Unemployment (forget about underemployment and the “real” unemployment rate, which is far worse) is now .7% higher than it was when Barack Obama took office. Nearly four years into Barack Obama’s term, unemployment is rising instead of falling. So the latest numbers are one more nail in the coffin of the Obama administration.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell