The real fiscal cliff is the nation’s $16 trillion debt, slated to rise to over $20 trillion if President Obama’s budget–for which not a single member of Congress voted–is the de facto blueprint for the next four years. Obama, as far as I can tell, has never once in his life taken responsibility for a problem, let alone solved one. So he doesn’t care about our impending financial collapse, except insofar as he can demagogue it for political advantage. Hence his absurd position, that all he cares about in negotiations with Congress is that upper-income taxpayers–those who are already paying twice their fair share of income taxes, on the average–pay even more, even though the effect on the deficit will be negligible. Michael Ramirez brings Obama’s fiscal death wish to graphic life:
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell