Democrats and liberals always bristle when you throw the “S-word” (socialism) at them, but have a look at the table below from a new Gallup poll released today: more than half (53%) of Democrats or Democrat-leaners say they have a positive attitude toward socialism. But I think the more striking number here is the line just above it: 75 percent of Democrats have a positive image of the federal government as opposed to just 27 percent of Republicans. Democrats are the party of government indeed!
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell