I seem to recall the pun on “bluish” from the cartoon adaptation of the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine, probably the handiwork of the late Erich Segal, he of the Yale Classics Department and Love Story. It comes to mind in connection with Michael Barone’s interesting note on developments in the state of Washington: “Reddish behavior in bluish states.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell