I seem to recall the pun on “bluish” from the cartoon adaptation of the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine, probably the handiwork of the late Erich Segal, he of the Yale Classics Department and Love Story. It comes to mind in connection with Michael Barone’s interesting note on developments in the state of Washington: “Reddish behavior in bluish states.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell