In exploiting kids as props to promote his schemes of the moment, President Obama stoops to conquer. He’s done it before and he’ll do it again. It worked — rhetorically, at least — for Bill Clinton. As I recall, just about every damn exertion of federal control or expansion of the welfare state was for the children. Obama is picking up where Clinton left off and “improving” on him. The kids can be used to argue just about any point, though, can’t they?
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell