I haven’t noticed any “military-style assault weapon” exception in the Second Amendment, especially since a “military-style assault weapon” is not one with military capabilities, i.e. an automatic weapon–illegal for civilian use since the 1930s–but rather is one that looks vaguely scary to the ill-informed. So the Obama administration isn’t just attacking gun owners, it is attacking the Constitution:
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell