This is how Brian Ward described tonight’s podcast on Ricochet:
The Hinderaker-Ward Experience (HWX) returns for another special Friday night broadcast. John Hinderaker of Power Line and Brian Ward of Fraters Libertas discussing all the news that’s fit to discuss, including:
* the meaning of a ‘right to privacy’ in modern American society
* the uncomfortable clash between increasing government control of our lives and increasing government abuse of power
* Rep. Michele Bachmann’s announcement that she won’t be running for re-election
* Loon of the Week: Ivy Leaguer Michael Eric Dyson
* This Week in Gatekeeping: New York Times Bible bloopers
We are also not joined by guest and former Wall Street Journal editor Ray Sokolov, author of the new book Steal the Menu: A Memoir of 40 Years in Food, nor by Listener-Member of the Week, the great Patrick Gibbs. Though we do name check them extensively and wonder what it might have been like to have them on the air with us.
Member-Listener of the Week honors for this week go to the first person who can name the special question John Hinderaker was asked before his doctor’s appointment today. The first person in the comments section with that answer wins the chance to appear on the next show, or to blow us off completely.
John again: notwithstanding the no-shows, it is a fun show!
You can listen to the podcast by playing it right here, or you can go to Ricochet to download or subscribe to the podcast in various ways, or you can hit the subscribe button in the graphic above to subscribe on iTunes or elsewhere. Or you can use Stitcher. There are many ways to experience the Hinderaker-Ward Experience, but I think the best is by subscribing on iTunes. That way, you never have to worry about missing an episode.