My wife and I were in DC from Minneapolis [yesterday], and we thought we would see what this shutdown is all about. At the Lincoln Memorial I talked a couple from California into walking past the ridiculous barriers where the signs state that the monument is closed aside from “First Amendment activities.”
As I approached the top of the steps, one of the three (!) guards told me to leave. I mentioned the First Amendment exception, and that freedom of assembly seems to be part of that. He advised me that the area to assemble is only down below the monument, not at the monument itself. Somehow I missed that exception to that particular amendment. So I proceeded to read the First Amendment, loudly, for the audience below.
At the Vietnam Veterans Memorial two park ranger goons stood at the entrance to the wall, near the requisite barricades. The intention clearly was to intimidate people from entering the memorial area. Fortunately, many people simply ignored Barry’s Brownshirts and walked down to the wall. My wife Thuy, who was born in Vietnam, accompanied me (photo above left).
These people in DC are dangerous, and we the people need to stand up to these attempts to intimidate and abuse us.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Treason of the Professors [Updated]
- Has Hillary Clinton created a national security disaster?
- Washington Post offers glimpses of Hillary's legal jeopardy
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- Hillary Staffer to Plead the Fifth on Email Server
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell