A study out this week finds that liberals and socialists drink considerably more alcohol than everyone else. As the authors of the study note, “Our findings are relatively consistent with the recent sociological studies showing that people with more socialist views tend to engage in more unhealthy behaviors such as excessive drinking.” But this only begs the question: do people become left because they drink too much, or drink too much because they’re leftists in the first place and are coping with the disastrous results by self-medicating? And left unanswered (heh) is the all-important question: do conservatives drink better booze than leftists? I’m certain I know the answer to this. Anyway, it’s something to debate during the Super Bowl halftime show, which is certain to be over-produced and underwhelming as usual. But go Broncos! Anyway. . .
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
- Paging Dr. Emily Litella: Another Science Fraud Exposed
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell