In his “Extremism and moderation” essay on the 1964 Goldwater campaign, Steve Hayward refers to its unforeseen impact on the rise of Ronald Reagan as a result of Reagan’s “A Time for Choosing” speech “in the closing hours of the doomed campaign.” Like Goldwater’s Conscience of a Conservative, for whose continuing relevance Steve argues in the essay, “A Time for Choosing” also remains relevant. See, for example, the excerpt in the inspirational video below. The video makes a good supplement to Steve’s essay.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Treason of the Professors
- Can all these talking heads be right?
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- Clinton emails contained top secret info derived from satellite spying on North Korean nukes
- More Than Half of Immigrants on Public Assistance
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell