- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Will Smoking Gun Documents Vindicate Trump?
- Just How Dumb Are Democrats?
- Five dumbest questions to Gorsuch, cont'd
- Civil War on the Left, Part 38: The Beclowning of Science
- House Leadership Pulls Health Care Bill
- Israeli Teenager Who Threatened Jewish Institutions May Have Been Paid By Foreign Governments
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell
This past summer, Harvard economics professor Edward Glaeser wrote a powerful critique of infrastructure spending. His article, which appeared in the City Journal, was a response to a proposal by Bernie Sanders to spend $1 billion on public infrastructure. But Glaeser’s arguments apply to similar proposals by other politicians and might well apply to the proposal Donald Trump offers, assuming he follows through on his pledge to rebuild America’s infrastructure. »
While Democrats around the country try to “process” what happened last week, wily Chuck Schumer is planning what will happen next year. The soon-to-be Senate Minority Leader announced that, unlike Republicans during the Obama years, the Democrats won’t reflexively oppose whatever the president proposes. Instead, they will consider each proposal on its merits and work with President Trump when they consider his proposals meritorious. Schumer isn’t just saying this to »