Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell
The Washington Post assures its readers that “Obama [is] relatively unscathed by [the] Petraeus investigation.” In the online version, the Post goes further, describing Obama as “untouched” by the affair. The Post is right, I think, provided that Obama did not receive word of the investigation of General Petraeus before the election. If Obama did receive such word well ahead of the election, questions will arise as to what he »
The Washington Post reports that Jill Kelley, a close friend of both General Petraeus and General Allen, “cultivated close ties to the military.” She did so, in part, by throwing lavish parties for “military brass” that featured “valet parking, string quartets on the lawn, premium cigars and champagne, and caviar-laden buffets.” Meanwhile, the Kelley family (her husband is a surgeon) is massively in debt, with foreclosure proceedings initiated on two »