Here is a sad commentary on our times, and especially on our educational system: Noam Chomsky’s latest tract, 9-11, now ranks # 483 on Amazon’s best seller list. To illlustrate how well Chomsky’s latest attack on America is selling, my brother’s current American history text ranks at # 1,988,922. What makes Chomsky’s success on college campuses and elsewhere remarkable is that the man is completely insane. He pens invectives that preserve the syntax of logical argument, but are devoid of sense. (This is, I believe, a good definition of one type of insanity.) The works in which Chomsky denies the existence of the Holocaust are of a piece with his anti-American fantasies. They are quite literally devoid of sense, an endless torrent of calumny utterly unrelated to reality. And many college professors and students don’t seem to notice.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell