You’re right, Deacon, our leftism always included a certain wistful hope that we might meet girls, maybe even Swedish girls. Which raises the point that nowadays, the fun is on the right, not the left. I’m not sure why it is that liberals have become gloomy, scolding, peevish and puritanical, but so they have. This article by John Powers in L. A. Weekly sums up the phenomenon nicely, focusing on the contrast between The Nation and The Weekly Standard.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell