A couple of days ago, Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying there is no urgency to the Iraq situation such that military action must begin in October. In other words: Please, please put it off until after the election! Here’s why: The generic congressional preference polls have taken a sharp turn in favor of the Republicans. This can only be because for the past several weeks, the news has been dominated by Iraq. Ironically, the vast majority of that news coverage has been negative. But the attacks on the President’s policy, while no doubt weakening support for that policy in some quarters, have also had the effect of convincing lots of Americans that we need a Republican congress. Hence the Democrats’ desperation to stop talking about foreign policy until after the election.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell