It is extremely gratifying to read a published assessment of Al Gore’s recent speech that does some kind of justice to Gore and to the speech. The Seattle Times headlines Michael Kelly’s column today “A despicable speech from a contemptible man,” allowing even me to figure out what the subject of the column is. Wonderful!
The Boston Herald’s editorial on Gore’s speech, “Al Gore mouths off unhelpfully on Iraq,” makes several of the same points I did in response to Rocket Man’s assessment the day of the speech.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell