Here is Byron York’s take on the Senate Democrats’ ambush of Miguel Estrada, President Bush’s conservative nominee for the federal court of appeals in Washington D.C. As I reported last night, the Dems hit Estrada with allegations that he blocked liberal candidates for judicial clerkships. They did this after first getting Estrada to deny having done so. York expresses the same fear I tried to articulate — that this will become a fight about Estrada’s credibility. York also conveys his disappointment with the Republicans on the judiciary committee for not having prepared Estrada for the ambush. I also like the part where one of Estrada’s unnamed alleged “victims” protests that he is just a “moderate Democrat.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell