George Will on the “American collaborators,” McDermott and Bonior. The collaborators’ statements are shocking not only for their poisonous malice, but for their sheer ignorance of recent (post-1990) history. Has a single Democrat disavowed or criticized McDermott and Bonior? Not that I know of. This illustrates a pervasive tactic on the Left: “extremist” Democrats (McKinney, Bonior, etc.) make unfounded, slanderous charges against the Administration, which receive vast publicity in liberal (i.e., all) newspapers; “mainstream” Democrats don’t repeat the charges, but don’t disavow them either, thereby hoping to benefit quietly from them.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell