The end of Torchgate: As the Democrats invite the courts to commit fresh outrages as part of the Torchgate denoument, today’s columns provide both entertainment and instruction regarding the Torch’s flameout. My new must-read guy is the perfectly named Cragg Hines of the Houston Chronicle. He rises to the occasion with a burst of perfectly fitted cruel hilarity. Michael Barone has a characteristically dead-on assessment in this morning’s Wall Street Journal.
To our surprise, this morning’s New York Times has a powerful condemnation of the Democratic maneuvering to change the New Jersey match-up by Professor William Mayer of Northeastern University. Professor Mayer concludes by stating: “[T]he failures of Mr. Torricelli should not be used to confer an unfair advantage on a party that deserves to be held accountable for its past decisions.” I guess I don’t need to remind you what party that is. In “The Old Switcheroo” on the Weekly Standard’s online site Fred Barnes does a nice job of decrying the shenanigans of–which party was that again?–the Democrats.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell