Our faithful reader Peter Swanson writes us as follows about the difficulties law enforcement authorities had in apprehending the DC murderers, even when they had them in their grasp: “When I heard that police overlooked the snipers because they were looking for a white guy, it occurred to me that this was the first case of actual racial profiling I had seen. The psychologists and sociologists had all ‘profiled’ various aspects of the sniper’s personality, including that he was probably a white loner. Then law enforcement adjusted their investigation based on this profile. This is more than the standard alleged disparate impact that normally passes for racial profiling.” For more on this subject, see the Seth Gitell column we posted last night.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell