An anti-war demonstration is going on in Washington; the photo below depicts some of the protesters dressed as ghosts, with signs saying things like “Ghost of an Innocent Iraqi.” The protester isn’t referring, of course, to the many thousands of innocent Iraqis who have been murdered by Saddam Hussein. As was the case in Afghanistan, ending the savage Saddam regime would save many more lives than it would cost. Given the left’s total lack of interest in Iraq until the moment when President Bush started talking about the need for regime change, it is hard to take seriously the protesters’ alleged compassion for innocent Iraqis.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell