Here is Steve Sailer’s post-mortem on California’s gubernatorial election. His analysis is optimistic for conservatives; I had lost track of the fact that Bill Simon, despite the many problems with his campaign, lost only 47%-42%. Sailer points out that the much-vaunted Hispanic vote is only 10% in California, and argues that Republicans can win in California the same way they did in many other states in 2002–by motivating, dominating and turning out the white vote.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell