The New York Times covers the Terrell/Landrieu race. The Times admits that Landrieu is “slipping in the polls.” The Times notes that “to appeal to Louisiana’s relatively conservative voters, Ms. Landrieu has drawn attention to her support for President Bush–she has voted with him 75 percent of the time….” Of course, this poses a basic dilemma when the President will be campaigning for Landrieu’s opponent. Landrieu can run only so far away from her often-liberal voting record; the Republicans have put up a terrific website called SomethingAboutMary.net. I think the only way Landrieu can win this race is if Terrell comes across as not ready for prime time, and that doesn’t seem to be happening.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell