The Washington Post’s Howard Kurtz reports that Democrats are pessimistic about holding on to Mary Landrieu’s Senate seat in tomorrow’s runoff election. One delightful nugget: Landrieu received a $1,000 contribution from Handgun Control–and donated it to a hunting organization to “clear up any ‘confusion’ about her backing of the Second Amendment.” Another supposedly Democratic issue has bitten the dust. Remember when Tom Daschle and other leading Democrats were having vigils in Washington where they would solemnly intone the names of “victims of gun violence”? Many of whom, by the way, were criminals shot in self-defense by armed citizens. Now, Democrats in all but the safest (and most urban) districts are fleeing from the gun issue.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell