David Frum’s take on Gore’s decision. Frum thinks Gore was afraid of losing the nomination in 2004. As he sees it, Gore is “doing a Nixon,” letting someone else lose in 2004 and hoping to come back in 2008. The fact that Gore might well confront Ms. Clinton at that time prompts Frum’s best line, at the very end of the piece.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell