Stanley Kurtz in National Review Online reports that Daniel Pipes has recently been “disinvited” from two important speaking engagements at American universities. Kurtz notes that Pipes is a leading expert on terrorism and the Middle East, and one of the very few such experts who warned of the danger posed by Islamism prior to September 11. I would suggest that, in addition, he is one of the few such experts who fully appreciates the danger posed by Islamism after September 11. This explains why he is being blackballed. Unless one wants to accept the Orwellian explanation of those who have revoked Pipes’ speaking invitiations — that Pipes practices McCarthyism.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell