James Robbins of National Review Online on how Hans Blix hopes to parlay his report, which finds violations that under the Security Council resolution require concerted action against Saddam Hussein, into a mandate for something quite different. It seems that Blix thinks the fine work his outfit has done in uncovering violations merits an expanded role in an endless inspections regime. In his mind, and in the minds of his masters, the leaders of the former Western Europe, the inspections were not about giving Saddam Hussein one last chance to prove his compliance, but rather about giving Blix and his inspectors a chance to prove their capabilities. Now, having given himself the highest marks, Blix is ready to carry on indefinitely.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell