All afternoon and evening the talking heads on television and internet news sources have been talking about the column of Iraqi armored vehicles leaving Baghdad in an apparent effort to attack the 7th Cavalry forces that are approaching the Iraqi capital. Moments ago I heard a report that military authorities are saying they have no knowledge of any such Iraqi troop movement, and no Iraqi forces are known to have left Baghdad. I’m going to bed. The reality is that we have no idea what is going on, except for the fragmentary reports by “embedded” journalists–which are a worm’s eye view, interesting in a personal sense, but conveying little idea of the overall progress of the campaign. It may be time to turn off the media coverage for a while and let our armed forces do their jobs. Wake me when it’s over.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell