American troops entered Baghdad for a second time early this morning. Fox News quotes Major Michael Birmingham, chief public affairs officer for the U.S. 3rd Infantry: “The other day was just an incursion. This is for real.”
American troops reportedly have occupied a major presidential palace and the Iraqi Information Ministry, and Fox News reports that “the main presidential palace” has also been seized. Pentagon officials have confirmed that today’s raid is the kickoff to the much-anticipated final battle for Baghdad.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell