American troops found a recently-deserted terrorist training camp south of Baghdad. It encompassed twenty buildings on a 25 acre site and apparently was run jointly by the Palestinian Liberation Front and Iraq: “[R]ecruits were apparently instructed in the art of bomb-making….Marines found chemicals, beakers and pipes at the site, along with questionnaires that asked recruits to state their preferences. [M]any volunteered for suicide missions.”
Marines also raided the home of Rahib Taha, Iraq’s “Dr. Germ.” Documents were recovered, and three men were arrested.
This AP report is a little annoying in that it recites that “Administration officials said the desire to eliminate weapons of mass destruction was one key reason for the war, although none has yet been found.” In fact, a great deal of evidence relating to such weapons has been discovered, and various weapons and substances are currently undergoing testing. Likewise, AP blandly asserts that “The United Nations weapons inspectors also failed to find any banned weapons in prewar searches.” This shibboleth is widely reported as fact, but is actually untrue. The inspectors, for all their ineptitude, did discover several banned weapons and weapons systems.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- "Green" Energy Is Sinister
- The Washington Post Lies About a Conservative Journalist
- The Omar-Tlaib circus comes to town
- Liberal hypocrisy over Netanyahu's relationships with American presidents
- Trump "not happy" with Fox News because its polls show him losing
- Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren lie about the Michael Brown case
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell