This morning the Yale Daily News runs a letter to the editor from the president of the Yale College Students for Democracy, defending the organization against Jim Sleeper’s calumny in Sleeper’s Monday column. Sleeper has managed to get the paper to run his self-congratulatory non-response to the letter together with it: “In defense of the Yale College Students for Democracy.” Sleeper must have instructed the YDN that civility requires he be provided another opportunity to defame the students he burnt in his column if they are going to be allowed to set the record straight.
In his non-response response, Sleeper not only reiterates his original falsehoods, he calls on “progressive and conservative activists to clean their houses. They’ll have to, if the rest of us are brave enough to make it clear that we’re not buying what’s pernicious or nonsensical in their claims and that we won’t be intimidated or guilt-tripped into pretending otherwise.” Let us add to the list of Sleeper’s lies the pretense that his words demonstrate bravery.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell